Thursday, April 5, 2012

April Tag had so many layers and interesting techniques.  I did not have the die for the different elements but was able to inporvise and use what was on hand.
I used a small stamp with a quote and stamped vertically and horizontally on the embossing folder.  I used a flourish from a package of precut grunge borad for the branch along with the crown.  I drew the bird, leaves, and key on blank grunge board and cut it all out.  I distress the bird using Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans.  I mixed a touch of Spiced Marmelade and Mustard Seed on my craft mat and brushed on touched of color to the beak  and feet with a small paint brush.  Since I do not have any of the Distress Embossing powders yet, I distressed the flourish and the key with Vintage Photo and darkened some of the areas with Black Soot.  I then embossed over this with clear embossing powder.  The leaves were distressed with Peeled Paint and darkened at the base with Black Soot.  The Distress Inks used on the bird and branch were used over random areas of the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment