Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Twist & Tag Christmas

Yes! I know it is spring.  I love to paint and sculpt Christmas and winter items so I just had to start scrapping with Christmas. 

I just finished the album from Laura Dessions, Following the Paper Trail's Tutorial.  Super easy to make and tutorial was easy to follow. 

video

Monday, April 16, 2012

Victorian Tag - Violet
This is another tag I make this month.  The girl and butterflies arecovered with Glossy Accents.  I used Paper Studio brocade look paper and added lace around the edges.   The Tag and bookplate are cut with Tim Holtz Alterations die.  The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch.  The edges are distress with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I mixed acrylic paint for the flowers and ribbon.  The flowers are cut from Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die.  Pearl dots are added to the girl and bookplate. 
Victorian Tag - Pansy
I did this tag earlier this month using supplies on hand.  The background paper is Paper Studio and looks like brocade fabric. I punched a border with an EK scallop punch and glued it under the paper.  The girl is a leftover from Victorian Ornaments I make a couple of years ago.  I covered the girl with Glossy Accents.  I mixed some acrylic paints to match her hat and painted the flower (petaloo - Color Me Crazy) and the rayon ribbon to match. I dyed some of the ribbon with Distress Ink, Peeled Paint.  I glued the leaf ribbon and added peal beads with glue dots.  I glued some bling to the center of the flower and added touches of Gold Stickles in the center.  I used some DecoArt Twinkle Writers:purple and lime green to highlight the various areas. 

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April Tag had so many layers and interesting techniques.  I did not have the die for the different elements but was able to inporvise and use what was on hand.
I used a small stamp with a quote and stamped vertically and horizontally on the embossing folder.  I used a flourish from a package of precut grunge borad for the branch along with the crown.  I drew the bird, leaves, and key on blank grunge board and cut it all out.  I distress the bird using Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans.  I mixed a touch of Spiced Marmelade and Mustard Seed on my craft mat and brushed on touched of color to the beak  and feet with a small paint brush.  Since I do not have any of the Distress Embossing powders yet, I distressed the flourish and the key with Vintage Photo and darkened some of the areas with Black Soot.  I then embossed over this with clear embossing powder.  The leaves were distressed with Peeled Paint and darkened at the base with Black Soot.  The Distress Inks used on the bird and branch were used over random areas of the background.