Monday, March 18, 2013




A Flower Faiey Pin
I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die and Tattered Leaves Die.  I used three layers of the large petals and dipped those and the leaves in UTEE.  This helped to hold the fabric shape for the petals.  The face is painted on a jewelry gourd and glued to the center of the flower.  Her hair is made from the thin petal on the die.  It was glued to card stock, then folded and curled.  Crystals are on gold twisted wire and circle the neck area.  A circle of card stock is glued to the back of the leaves and a pin back attached.  Fun piece to make, hope you enjoy!
My second piece of Mixed Media Art.  This piece is on a wood box.  I used an image purchased from Ephemia's Vintage Garden.
Texture paste is used on the background and I added some torn papers, images, grapevine and a crown from Tim Holts.  The box sides are painted with a wood grain technique. 

This is my first attempt at Mixed Media.  I used a piece of 6x6 paper from the London Market collection with the roses as my beginning for this piece.  The background has texture paste with roses stamped into the paste before it dried.  I chose a green for the background to coordinate with the green on the paper.  From there, I used stamps, punches, and die cuts to built the piece.  This is on an 8x8 canvas.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

July Tag

July Tag for Tim Holtz blog.
Well, once again I do not have all the necessary supplies so I did some improvising.  Love learning all the different techniques and trying them out.

I cut the base tag using the Vagabond and the Tags & Bookplates die and added an eyelet.

I used the red and blue paper from the Seasonal Stash and fussy cut the flag from the 4th tags in that stash.

I used Alcohol Inks Red Pepper, Denim,  and Silver with the Blending  Medium.  I used a small straw to form the background splashes.  Star burst lines are added under the stars using a silver gel pen.

The stars and silver trims are Dresden scraps from my craft stash.  I add some Alcohol inks, Mushroom and Oregano, to age those slightly. 

The ribbon is dyed using Distress Inks Barn Red, Broken China, and Vintage Photo 

The flag and star charms were brass, so I added touches of Alcohol Inks Mushroom, Oregano, and Silver.

The bottom sticker 4 is from Ideaology  Salvage collection.  The number is embossed with Silver.

Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Saturday, June 23, 2012


OH ! Brother!

This is a photo of me with my younger brother.  Taken just a few years ago!!

I used DecoArt acrylic paint in Lt. Buttermilk and Blush for the  background.  Vintage Photo and Spun Sugar were used over this.

The photo was tinted using Faded Jeans and Spun Sugar, applied with a cotton swab. 

The flowers are from the Tim Holtz floral ribbon and were tinted with Spun Sugar. The tie was distressed using Vintage Photo.

 I found an old receipt from 1870 in some papers from my Grandparents house, photo copied on ivory paper,  and then tore and distressed with Vintage Photo.

The paper flowers are from the Tattered Florals and Movers & Shapers.  They were cut from craft card stock and then stamped with script stamp and black ink.  I stamped a pocket watch over part of the photo and then applied a clock face and hands with a brad.

For the sign , I used foil tape and alcohol ink, then paint for the lettering.  The metal findings are from Tim Holtz, 

This was a fun tag as are all of his designs and always something new to learn.

Thanks Tim




Thursday, May 17, 2012

May Tag with Tim Holtz


Well, here is my tag for May.  I do not have most of the supplies Tim Holtz used in his so I did have to improvise quite a bit.

I used kraft tissue paper to cover the tag I cut with the Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplate die.  I applied the tissue paper over DecoArt Mulpti-Purpose Sealer and then applied another coat of sealer on top.  When this was dried, I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the top.  I used 2 seperate stamps on the background but I was not pleased with the results so they are mostly covered. 

I found a brown paper tape measure in a mini sewing kit and glued that on the right side.  I add safety pins and a needle threader with a metal disk that I glued a thread label to.  I added Glossy Accents to the label. 

A piece of doily is added to the bottom left side.  The dress form was printed from image on the internet.  I glued a piece of pink lace and added a snap on the side.  There is a pearl  brad added to the top of the dressform.  It has foam dots to raise it a little.  The flower pot is a wood thimble with crushed kraft tissue and have tiny roses.  The roses were painted pink with  acylic paint.  Additional thread labels were added behind the flower pot and  under the dress form.  There is also a needle with pink thread.

Rayon ribbon with touches of pink is tied to the top of the tag.

Hope you enjoyed this tag.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Twist & Tag Christmas

Yes! I know it is spring.  I love to paint and sculpt Christmas and winter items so I just had to start scrapping with Christmas. 

I just finished the album from Laura Dessions, Following the Paper Trail's Tutorial.  Super easy to make and tutorial was easy to follow. 

video